Thursday, August 21, 2014

Farewell to Junction City, Kansas

We spent most of the summer here and while it would not be our first choice in summer destinations we had a very nice visit and as always when it is time to go we feel a certain sadness creeping in.  We were fortunate and avoided severe weather for the most part during our stay from late June through late August.  We will soon head west to Yakima, WA, via KS, NE, CO, WY, MT, and ID.  We have about a month to get there so we will just take our time and live each day as it comes.

As we began moving from the loaner Teton trailer back into our New Horizon trailer, I stumbled abd hit my knee on a wall.  It barely broke my skin, but within 5 minutes my knee cap had swelled up to the size of a softball!  So I went right to the sofa for repeated rounds of direct pressure and ice packs.  It is better today so I will resume helping with the repacking and moving again today.  Gari is such  great partner, she picked up my slack yesterday while taking care of me at the same time!

New Horizons has our two coaches set up side by side for our ease of moving, and that is working great!
 Just before I hit my knee

We leave you with images we captured as we toured around Junction City and vicinity....
Houses on Skyline Dr



Oak Street


A Catalpa Tree on Oak St, see the beans?

 Pretty stone Episcopal Church

Junction City Post Office


Junction City Courthouse and Fire Station
 In front of the courthouse
Junction City Library

Downtown Junction City, a patriotic place, see the flags?
 Junction City Opera House
 Free Music night at the Opera House

Junction City Honkey Tonks in the daylight

Our Bicycle Route down to the Republican River





Wagon House by the Park

Bike Route up Springhill Road or as we called it Donkey Hill Road




No comments:

Post a Comment